Our predecessor company Noell-KRC Energy and Environmental Technology started implementing the wet scrubbing process based on the double-loop scrubber method in power plants with a total of 19,000 MW in the years from 1981-2001.
In total, approx. 50 absorbers were installed, a part of them stainless steel, lined with rubber or glass fibre reinforced plastic (FRP). Still today, these absorbers are a leading technology for SO2 removal and energy consumption and meet the CCS-ready requirements.
Having been able to take over important experts from Noell-KRC Energy and Environmental Technology, Babcock Noell possesses the full expertise in terms of process engineering as well as of proven plant technology.
- Suitable for very high SO2 raw gas values (> 7,000 mg/m3 SO2 - inflow)
- Very high SO2 - removal; raw gas value < 30 mg/Nm3 SO2 (CCS ready)
- Very low energy consumption
- Great gypsum quality; marketable product
- Use of low-grade and coarse limestone possible
- Excellent flow distribution
- Combinable with tray technology
- Operation experience with all standard absorption materials such as CaCO3 and Ca(OH)2